The Blue Sunoco sign is most recognized at the racing fuel for racing series over the past 40 years. This is a reproduction in heavy 24 gauge metal of this sign. The integrated oil company now known as Sunoco began as The Peoples Natural Gas Company in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. In 1886, its partners Joseph Newton Pew, Philip Pisano and Edward O. Emerson decided to expand their gas business with a stake in the new oil discoveries in Ohio and Pennsylvania. Four years later, the growing enterprise became the Sun Oil Company of Ohio. Sun Oil diversified quickly, active in production and distribution of oil as well as processing and marketing refined products.